Friday, May 26, 2006

Weeks end.

This week has gone by and I don't really know that I got anything much done. Oh well, no matter now. I feel like maybe I've been in a time warp. Wednesday night I got all worked up over some decision I had to make. I think I've gotten it all worked out, but at the time I felt like my head was going to explode. I don't do very well when I have to make decisions that involve other people. I often put them before me and end up regreting it later. I am trying to learn to say "No" and also to give my needs and desires priority at times. I am learning also that it is okay to change my mind and that I don't have to take care of other people's feelings around me doing that. I have to be true to me. Of course I want to do this in a nice way but if someone ends up mad or hating me well then that's not mine to own. Blah blah blah okay I'll not go on with this any longer.

Pots...they don't just appear in my studio on their own, and the potter fairies haven't showed up this week and made lots of work either. Oh right, Wednesday I wasn't even in the studio most of the day! I went to Boone with Sarah. Last minute decision, I wanted to go to the library. I got a couple of pottery books, one on Tom Coleman and one on Cardew. I also checked out another Anne Lamott book. I am totally into Anne Lamott right now, I have 3 of her books checked out, I've finished Operating Instructions, and I'm reading Bird by Bird and Traveling Mercies simultaneously. I've got to do some entries on this reading. Not today though. Does anyone else like Anne??

Okay. Gotta walk Kharma this morning and later my friend Steve is coming up from SC for a visit. I am looking forward to seeing some of his new pots. He got his studio set up a while back and has been working hard.

See ya.