Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday/Mother's Day

We had breakfast today with my mom and stepfather, as well as my sister and her family to celebrate Mother's Day. Afterwards Sarah and I came home and had a good nap with the cats. I think Sarah needs to catch up on her sleep. She is not used to getting up so early during the week.

The show in Charlotte went okay yesterday. A gallery owner was supposed to get some pots from me there but he gave me some excuse and said maybe he'd wait till later. That was disappointing as I had been counting on this money coming in and then no go. Oh well, I did have an okay show and sold some pots. It was nice to see some folks I hadn't seen in awhile too and catch up. I always get lots of compliments on my work at the Guild show, I am the only person in our guild who is doing atmospheric firing, and what can I say? the pots are good.

It's a beautiful day out today. I need to get out for a bit. It's rather windy. We had a terrific thunder storm last night around 11:40pm. The tin roof was getting pounded, it also hailed I think. Sarah slept through the whole thing but I layed awake and enjoyed it for awhile.

Tomorrow I'll be back in the workshop making pots. I am looking forward to a productive day.
That's it for now.