Monday, May 29, 2006

Back in the saddle

Today I got back into production mode in the workshop. Made some serving bowls, soup bowls, animal jars, and a few more things. At the end of the day I had some fun throwing some test clay into pots that were loose and fun. These are pretty much test pots but I did have fun making them while envisioning how perfect this new clay test is going to work and be the answer to my clay dreams. Ha! I do think though that envisioning what I want did sort of allow me to break out of my normal habits and make some things that came out from my more playful side.

Tomorrow I need to load a bisque and go to Grainger in Gastonia to pick up a sump pump for clay mixing. My old one bit the dust recently when my dad and neighbor borrowed it. It was on it's last legs anyhow, I got it second hand so no big loss.

I'll probably have a couple more wet days this week and then get ready for a firing.