Monday, February 18, 2008

Pasta 101

Sarah took some images of the pasta I made tonight. I bought a $30 pasta roller a couple weeks ago and this is the second time I've used it. Making homemade pasta is really simple and so tasty. Here are the sheets all rolled out.Then ya roll them up.
Slice them to the desired thickness (they will get a little bigger when they cook.) You have to be sure to dust the sheets well before rolling or the sliced pasta won't unroll.
Ready to boil for 3 or 4 minutes.
All set with homemade bread and sauce on one of my new plates.
I think the basic recipe for this pasta is 100g of all purpose flour to one egg. So I do 200 g and 2 eggs for me and Sarah. That's a good portion but you could make more. Mix it up, knead it well, rest wrapped in plastic wrap for 30 min in fridge before rolling out. Bob's your uncle.