Monday, February 18, 2008

How it's going.

Doug asked how things were going so I thought I'd catch you all up on things.

I threw the last of my earthenware today so I'm back to stoneware for a bit. Honestly I just want to make earthenware for a while, which is a nice feeling to have. I had fun today slipping some mugs and putting dots on them. I am going to fire this load of pots early next week. I'll bisque later this week as soon as a few things dry out.

I haven't worked on the kiln again, but plan to getting it knocked out soon. Things are sort of piling up around here, lots of pots in the workshop, the kiln shed is a mess etc. I need to get back to some order.

I am feeling pretty well too. In good spirits for the most part and it didn't hurt that the weather was sunny and spring-like today.

I've been baking plenty of bread and tonight I am making pasta from scratch with a simple tomato sauce with garlic and onions...and maybe a mushroom or two.

So that's that for now. More later maybe.