Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Life wth Kharma

It's been a week since I found Kharma on the side of the road. And it's been a trying week. At a point when I am trying to make my life more simple and rid myself of unnecessary things, people, and work, I find I am constantly worrying about making this canine happy and tend to her. No, that's not her fault I know. I need some limits. Yet after yesterday I am not sure that this will be a long term thing or not. I'll have to keep you posted. In the meantime, I have said that in a week we will re-evaluate the situation and decide what to do. She's a sweet pup and is doing okay with her house training and learning to sit, come, and learn her name.
At a time when Sarah and I have been trying to figure out whether or not we want to have a child this is all good information. I know a baby would be a huge change for me, but at least it would be of the same species as me (I hope), poop and pee in a diaper, and be able to stay in a hotel with us if we decide to go somewhere. And eventually a child would speak my language, give and receive love without licking my face or biting my pants cuff, and learn things more fun than fetching a ball. (Like mixing clay, or setting the table. Just kidding) So this is all food for thought, and I am sure those of you with kids think I am silly for even comparing this, but really I have no frame of reference with kids of my own so I have to do the best I can with my past experiences (which honestly at times have not been great). So feel free to chime in Jen or Adrienne or Tom or whoever may have a thought out there. I am open to the core right now.
I guess I better so see if Kharma is ready to go out for potty, then I can get to work in the studio.
Enjoy the sun if it is shining on you today.