Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday, Finally

It's been a heck of a week for both Sarah and myself. Sarah had a hard week and was on the go to work or school everyday. Yesterday was the last day of her practicum and I think she only has a couple more days of class to finish up. Her graduation date is May 6th. She has worked extremely hard and I am so proud of her. She keeps telling me she feels guilty that I have had things here at home all to myself. It has been hard for me, especially with the new puppy around, but it's all going to be worth it. Sarah will be a good counselor/therapist and I am happy she is doing what she is passionate about. She will be doing an internship over the summer. She has it narrowed down to two sites and will decide next week I think on where to go.

Kharma has been keeping me on my toes and testing my patience. I took her to puppy class again yesterday evening. It was lots of fun. I am learning a lot and she is too. We are working on 'sit', 'wait', 'down', 'come', controlled walking, and lots of play time. She's going to be good dog. I am meeting some new people in class too. Last night I met a lady who baby sat me when I was an infant. She went to school with my mom and dad.

I will be making some pizza dough today so I can grill a couple pizzas for supper tonight. I also need to finish off some pots in the studio. I was thinking I'd get away from here tomorrow, maybe head to the mountains to visit some friends, or go for a hike. I need to get out of here for a while and play.

If you are near Seagrove, NC this weekend be sure to go out for the annual Spring Kiln Opening. My friends Tom Gray and Pat Newby will have lots of cool new work at Tom's studio on Fork Creek Mill Rd.