Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes

I am so proud this morning. Sarah and I are both very emotional and excited. I am feeling grateful and hopeful. To me this feels like such a new beginning. I was moved to tears to see the Obama family on stage last night and moved again and again throughout his speech.

"Yes We Can"
I began to think of the power of that statement as I lay in bed last night. The word "Yes" is a powerful affirmation. One single word. No matter what it is applied to, that statement, Yes We Can, Or Yes I Can has the power to change. I guess I'm mostly talking about this from my personal point of view, I've suffered from negative thoughts and depression for years. The words "No" or "I don't know" or "I can't" are like a loop on a tape that runs through my head, even when I'm not aware of it.

This morning I am saying "Yes I Can". I am so inspired by the man who will become our President in January. I am inspired by the people of this nation. I am hopeful of this new beginning, because it is a new beginning in many ways. I am not naive in thinking it will be all daisies and gumdrops. But I, along with many others feel great joy and determination right now to be the best American I can, the best person I can. We are all one people, one nation, one world. Yes.