Thursday, July 19, 2007

Last Few Days

The past couple days have been nice, but not very much work going on in the pottery shop. We had a visit on Tuesday from a friend who lived in Boone while Sarah was in school there. It was wonderful to see him and catch up. My friend David the wood carver came by yesterday for lunch and we had a long visit. I have finished up the last pots for my next firing, I'll fire another bisque in the next day or so and fire the salt kiln next week. I am testing a new clay body too.

Last night was the first night of the Real to Reel Film Festival in Kings Mountain. It's the 8th year. We've been going since the beginning. It's put together by the Arts Council, so I am pretty active. There were some great films last night. My favorite was Darius Goes West. The film maker and a few of the crew members as well as Darius were there last night. It's a wonderful film. I hope you'll visit the website. It was very moving and powerful to see Darius, who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, travel across the country with the other guys.