Sunday, April 01, 2007

Visitor


The highlight of my day yesterday was Tom Gray walking through the door of my studio. It was a total surprise and I was smiling all day. We have been friends since I met him at his home and studio in Seagrove, NC in 1992. He has helped me countless times through the years. We usually see each other once or twice a year so this unexpected visit was really special.
I had lots of folks come by for the Sale yesterday. Things tapered off after lunch (Doc's pizza, which Tom highly approved of), and we had time to hang out and talk about pots, kilns, food, and other things. Tom brought me some Italian sausage from Giacomo's market in Greensboro which I am looking forward to incorporoting into a recipe this week. It was a great day and I am blessed to have a friend like Tom.