Sunday, April 29, 2007

18 Hour Day

Yesterday was long. I got up at 6:15 am and headed out shortly thereafter to set up for the art show in town. We had to be set up by 8:30 which is early I think. The show started at 9, again too early, should have been more like 10. Anyhow, it was a beautiful day and the show looked lovely all set around the historic courthouse square in Shelby. I wish I had taken my camera. We do have one of the best courtsquares I've ever seen. Anyway, I saw lots of friends and had fun visiting. Unfortunately sales weren't too grand. And the show ran until 5 (too long, should have ended at 4). Sarah and her mom came out for a while and let me take a break for lunch.

After breaking down my booth, I came home for a quick shower and then drove 1 hr to Charlotte to participate in 'All Fired Up', the fundraising event for Clayworks, where I teach once a week. It was a good party, my part was to help in the 'extreme throwing' demo. Five instructors, including myself, threw parts for a large basket sculpture which we assembled at the end of the night. By 9 o'clock I felt like I might fall over, (I only had one and a half beers), and we still had an hour and a half to go. Honestly I didn't feel like myself most of the night, maybe it was exhaustion, or just being up in front of a group of people. When I crawled into bed at 12:30 I was out like a light. I had dreams of big slabs of clay, and of rolling out sheets of tofu (I have no idea what that's about). Anyhow it was fun to hang out with friends, I just wish I'd had more energy.

Today I plan to do as little as possible.