Monday, September 15, 2008

Thoughts on Monday



This cup is from yesterday's firing. It was sort of a test piece too as I had put these colored dots on there. I used Mason stains to color my clear glaze. I'm not sure where this will lead, but I do want to keep trying to get some color on my pots. I have a green I like and I use it in an Oribe-ish sort of way.

All weekend I felt pretty regretful that I didn't go to the Utilitarian Clay Conference. It's been good to see some posts from folks who did and I heard there may be some podcasts at some point. I did hear that my blog got mentioned on Saturday morning during Ayumi Horie's presentation. That was a big surprise! Thanks Ayumi.

In the midst of feeling regretful, I've also been feeling energized and hopeful that I can turn my focus to making some good pots. I really want to get this slipware rocking. I can see in my mind part of what I want to do and where I want to take it. Getting there in reality will take some time (and more clay, glaze and slip tests).

I am also wanting to move forward on the internet marketing side of things. My Etsy site is a good start but I really want to continue to pursue the internet as a marketing and selling tool.

Having said that, I also want to analyze where I put my energy and how I can get things accomplished. I'm going to talk about this a little more later, so stay tuned.

Fired another glaze load last night. More pots out tomorrow.

I wish the postman would get here, I'm expecting some new books!!!