Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday Morning Update

I'll have today and tomorrow to work in the studio and then I'm going to have to get out of my way so I can have my Spring Sale. I am trying to get work made this week for the Circle of Eight show which is April 12th.

I've been wanting to make some of these small dishes for months now. I made the one on the right as a demo pot for my class at Clayworks and it was fired here in the salt kiln.It's made by throwing a pot and cutting part away to leave the handles. I did the same thing yesterday but folded that part over to make a fatter handle. This was done right on the wheel when wet so they come off mostly finished. I made 6 of these, a couple teapots and some plates. I spent way too much time at the Arts Council and in town yesterday. Today is all pottery, all day. No meetings, or visitors. Should be productive.

I got invited to a group show yesterday at Hand in Hand Gallery in Flat Rock, NC. The owners, Molly Sharp and David Voorhees, are good friends of ours. Sarah apprenticed to Molly years ago. Anyhow the show is called "Animals, Animals, Animals" and will feature work of all mediums. Molly saw my new pots on the blog and invited me to participate. Yea!!

Okay, off to work now.

Oh yeah, I'll be glazing today and firing tomorrow so new pots will be out on Friday!!! The last ones before the Sale.