Thursday, March 13, 2008

Decorated

After a late start I got some of the earthenware I made yesterday finished up and slipped. Here are some shots.
Jars.Plates.
More Plates.
Small bowls.
I like the loosey goosey slip trailing. And the pours and dots. All this is sort of familiar to me from my salt glaze work. I could see how I could move most of this deco over to that arena if I'd come up with a dark clay and a few basic slips that would take the salt glaze. Not too hard to do really. Humm. Well, for now one reason to do the earthenware is that the firing costs are much, much lower than firing my propane, hard brick kiln.

I still have a board of mugs, tankards and a couple bigger jars to finish tomorrow. As well as some slab dishes.

Off to roast a chicken for dinner. Thanks for checking in.