Friday, January 25, 2008

Nothing Special


I made a few animal jars out of the earthenware and here are two of them. (I've got to stop stating the obvious). Anyhow, I am doing some more glaze and slip tests in the little electric kiln over the weekend. Hopefully I'll find a green slip that I like and I am going to do a line blend of my amber glaze to see which percentage of black iron oxide I like best.

I may move up a cone in my next firing to see what happens.

Regarding my last post, I know I can over generalize sometimes and maybe take things a little too personally, so don't think I'm some kind of snob or something, although Sarah has accused me of being one in the past.

My friend Will is having an opening in Athens, Georgia. He's an awesome guy. If you are in that area please go check it out.