Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend Update

The Carolina Pottery Festival blasted off in full force Saturday morning. There was a big line at the doors at 10 am and shortly after they were making their way up towards my booth. It was a really good day for most all the exhibitors. People came out to buy pots! I last heard that attendance reached over 2100, which is awesome for a one day show that lasts 6 hrs. I was very pleased with the day and my sales. It was awesome to see many regular customers at the show and to meet some new folks. I finally got to meet Jeff Martin, a potter from Boone, NC. We met through blogging and it was good to finally meet him in person. (I am enjoying my tumbler Jeff).
There is a wide range of work shown at the CPF, from high end raku, to kitchy fish wall hangings, pit fired pots, mid range oxidation fired functional ware, beautiful stoneware reduction ware, and about anything else you can think of. I am the only salt/soda glaze potter in whole herd of 90 exhibitors, so my works stands out, which is cool.

This morning I made sourdough, buckwheat pancakes for breakfast. I've been wanting to do this since I talked to Stan from Allegheny Treenware last weekend. They were tastey, I'll probably make a few more in the morning with the leftover batter.
I think tomorrow will be my last wet day for this cycle. I made 5 more of the slab oval vases today and got all my dishes slipped. Tommorrow I'll finish up the rest of the pots on the make list and start getting ready for my Holiday Sale. The postcards have been printed and will go out this week.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the CPF!