Thursday, January 04, 2007

Rob Barnard

Rob Barnard is a potter living in Virginia. I have been visiting his website lately checking out his new work and reading some of his essays. I have to read some of his stuff twice before it sinks in, but it is well done and gives one something to chew on. www.rob-barnard.com
If you have trouble reading against the white background, click on 'printer version'. I found this helpful.

Today I got some pots packed and delivered for an exhibition coming up next month in North Wilkesboro, NC. It is a show featuring potters from the clay guild I belong to, Claymatters. After lunch I made some cups, tankards, and small jars. I realized that I have quite a lot coming up in the next two months and need to really start focusing on what I want to make. I jotted down a 'to make' list. I should have plenty of time over the next two weeks to get it finished and bisqued. I will fire at the end of January.