Thursday, January 04, 2007

Food, Tea, Pottery, Travel

I somehow found myself at Harris Salat's weblog last night. I don't know how, but I am glad to have found it. I love food, cooking, travel (and the idea of traveling more), pottery, tea, and all these things are found on Harris' site. The story of the olive oil touched me. My dad loves fried eggs too, over easy, but cooked in butter, LOTS of butter.

I love the image of the guy holding that big round of bread. He looks like he's thrilled to have his picture taken. And the size of that oven rocks!

I recently ordered some tea from Uptons and they included a free sample of darjeeling. Low and behold there is a story of tea pickers harvesting what will become a darjeeling tea on the weblog.

If you look on the side bar under catagories you'll find a story on Japanese potter Shiro Tsujimura.

I haven't explored Harris' site more yet but its a good start.

As far as traveling goes I have high hopes. I have a list of the places I'd love to go. It includes: Japan, China, Italy, Indonesia, Australia, England, Wales, and more. I have specifics but won't go into them. I don't know if I'll make it around the world but it's a dream worth having. I regret I didn't travel in my 20's. I have time left but need to get started. Sarah and I are talking about going to England this year. We also talked about Greece recently.

Okay that's it for now. Time to get supper on the table.