Tuesday, January 16, 2007


I made this board of pitchers yesterday along with some mugs and a teapot. These pitchers take awhile as they are made in two parts and I like to go ahead and get them done in one go. I throw the bottom and stiffen it up with a heat gun, then I partially throw the tops, add them to the bottoms and finish shaping the top before pulling the spout. I'll get the handles on these today I hope before I have to go teach. I made some square mugs and the teapot was made on a whim after I saw that I liked the shape of the bottom of these pitchers. I thought it would make a good teapot body so I tried it out. I'll let you know if it makes the cut.