Sunday, January 07, 2007

22 Beginners

On Saturday, Clayworks held 'Muddy Fun Day' in a effort to get folks interested in signing up for classes this upcoming session. I was asked to lead two, 2 hr. sessions which would introduce people to the studio and allow them some time on the wheel. We had 10 people in the first session and 12 in the second. Thank goodness I had some great volunteers to help me. It's a lot of work trying to coach someone through stages of making pots. Everyone had a great time and I think we definitely will get some to sign up for the beginners classes.

I really take for granted how far I've come in my own potting. Of course there is much to still learn, but I can still remember how frustrating it was not to be able to center the clay on the wheel head and how long it took to get the basics down. Some days it's still a struggle.

I am looking forward to getting back in the studio tomorrow.