Monday, July 31, 2006

Back Home

How nice it is to be back home. I had a good time assisting Leon at the Folk School last week. The weather was nice and it was wonderful to be in such beautiful surroundings. We had a class of 11 students so I did lots of assisting. Leon worked hard teaching and we both gave lots of personal attention to all the students. I think everyone went home happy. Of course it was also exhausting and I did not take much time for myself. I would have liked to have done more drawing. I did manage a few drawings of some of the buildings on campus.

The Folk School is such a great place, the food is good, there are nice people from all over the country and even the world. The gardens were in full bounty, I felt inspired to do better in my garden in the future. I highly recommend going sometime and taking a class.

I made a few pots, I didn't get to my umbrella stands, but I think I'll be able to soon. I mainly enjoyed working with the students during the days and just hanging out socializing during the evenings. I made lots of new friends who I hope to keep in touch with.

Today I will be in the studio working on some cups and other small pots. I am bisque firing today also. I have several meetings this week so my time in the studio will be limited. I did install my window unit air conditioner yesterday. It took all of 15 minutes to do. I don't know why I've waited. I will be more inclined to work in there during the day now I think.

Have a great day.