Monday, April 07, 2008

Same. Different

After at least a month of being idle on my kiln building project I got back at it today. I've been thinking whether it would be best to stick with the 4.5 inch walls or go ahead and make it a good 9 inch wall. With propane costing what it does I decided it would be better to go ahead and make the walls thicker and therefore more insulating. I spent about 2 hrs scrounging up and sorting brick at my secret brick storage facility. I've had these for years, I may as well put them to use. Once back home I took down what I had originally built, re aligned the cement blocks for a wider and deeper foundation, and started fresh.

Above is where I am at this point. Hopefully I can follow through on finishing up the walls this week and get started on the steel and arch next week.