Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Getting Behind

I'm a few days behind on posting. I'll try and get caught up tomorrow. For now here are a couple images from earlier in the week.

I've tried several times in the past to make oval or rectangular dishes by throwing the pot, cutting a willow leaf shape out of the floor and pressing it together to make the pot change shape. I've never been able to pull it off very well but I tried again on Tuesday and came away with these three pots. They get trimmed on the bottom and handled too. I was happy with these and showed the technique to my class on Tues. night. Here's the fiber roof all in place. It looks good. The only problem I see with this is that I'm going to have to deal with that dreaded ceramic fiber every time I brick up the door. I'll just have to wear my respirator and try not to rub on it too much.
I'll get the chimney in place on Thurs. and hopefully the burners plumbed in too.

Look for more posts later. Thanks.