Friday, December 14, 2007

This and That. Friday

Boy, I really got caught up in those Simon Leach clips yesterday. He's a very personable guy. Great videos, very educational.

Some of the Circle of Eight crew are coming over for dinner tonight. I am excited to have some company. I need more good socialization opportunities. I'll be cooking pasta puttanesca for the main course. We'll be discussing some exhibition opportunities for 2008 as well as getting some dates nailed down for our spring and fall shows.

My dad's family is getting together for their Christmas dinner tomorrow night and I have a couple side dishes to make for that. I may knock out one today, just to be ahead of the game.

I am getting antsy, having not made any pots in the past couple weeks. My red clay mixing is still on hold. So I may get in the workshop and make some plates and serving bowls next week. I am all stocked up on stoneware till spring.

I think I am going to try and do a demonstration type workshop here at the studio in '08. I did one a few years ago and it went well. If you think you may be interested let me know. I have no idea when I'll do it, probably late spring or early fall.

Well that's it for now. I am still playing around with some paper art, and working in the Wreck this Journal, and doing some drawings.

Catch ya later. Ron