Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Making Room

I came home from the grocery Monday and found once again that I had hardly any cabinet space to store food. It's all full of pots!! Granted we could do with a few more cabinets but what really needs to happen is for me to stop buying pots. Easier said than done. Anyhow, yesterday after a frustrating dig though the cabinet looking for a jar of capers I decided it was time to pack up some pots that are not used so often. I ended up boxing up about 45 pots from various locations in the kitchen and upstairs. It helped a little and I did find the capers.

Once that was done I climbed up to the attic to store the box. The attic is a mess too and so I spent about an hour up there throwing things down to take to the landfill or recycling center. Old books, some hats, lots of empty boxes (I thought I could use them for shipping pots), a lamp, and many other things not worth mentioning got ditched. That done, I had room to store yet another box of pots in the attic. At some point I'll have to go through these pottery boxes and decide what what I'll keep or sale. For now, "out of sight, out of mind" and more room for groceries.