Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Back Home

We arrived home yesterday from the NC coast. On Thursday last week, we drove the 7 hours out to visit our friends Steven and Amber in Mill Creek NC, near Beaufort. We had a great few days there. Steven and Amber moved from Shelby almost 2 years ago so we had lots of catching up to do. They love their new home and were excited to show us around and take us out on the boat. We ate lots of good food, explored the shores and waterways, picked up shells, fished a little and just had a great time. It was a nice visit and I am sure we'll make it out again soon.

On Sunday we drove south to Wilmington to see Sarah's niece Sophie who had just graduated high school. Sarah's parents were there too. Sophie is going off to Appalachian State U. this fall. That's the same school where Sarah just finished her masters program. It's only an hour and a half from here so we will probably get to see Sophie often.

Today I have to get back to work. I have a bisque going right now. I plan to scrape all my kiln shelves today and get set to load. I have to teach my last class in Charlotte tonight and I will spend the night there so I can fill in teach for a friend in the morning. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to glaze and start loading the kiln.

Now that I am back I'll get to post more often. Keep checking in over the next few days as I'll have pics of the loading and firing.