
I had a great weekend. I went to Charlotte for a couple days for the Ron Meyers' workshop. Ron is one of my favorite potters. I am a little embarrassed to say that I have been to 5 of his workshop demos. The first was back in 1994 or 95 I think. He captured my attention very soon after I had started making pots. I love the way Ron handles clay. His pots have been touched by his hands over and over in the process and it is left to show in the final pot. I like his immediacy with the material. He is direct and intentional. He has a great sense of play, whimsy, and humor.
Needless to say I came home inspired to work. I feel that over the years I have absorbed some of what Ron does into my work. I don't want to make Ron Meyers' pots but I would like to make pots in the 'spirit' in which he does.
Anyhow I am off to the studio to catch up on things from last week that have been wrapped in plastic for the whole weekend.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Monday
Posted by
Ron
at
9:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|