Saturday, October 21, 2006

Circle meeting

The Circle of Eight met here last night to have dinner and go over somethings regarading two exhibits we have coming up. It was fun to get together and we had lots of laughs and good conversation as the night went on. All eight were here minus Dale who had to stay home to get ready for a show that he is doing today. It's awesome being part of a group of like minded individuals who want to help and support one another. I can't tell you how much I need this in my life. Being a potter means many hours spent alone in the studio, so when I get together with my friends it really nutures my soul.

Today I am firing a bisque and I hope to get my shelves scraped and work on my new burner setup. The sun is shining and it's a bit cool out. My 11 year old neighbor Michael told me yesterday that the weather was "just right". I agree.

There is a music festival going on in town today but I will miss it since I'm on a pretty tight schedule getting ready for upcoming shows. I need to allow myself more time for these things so I can maintain some sanity and not deprive myself of things I'd like to do. It's hard to time things just right.

I talked to everyone last night about some glazes that I would like to test to add an element of color to my pots. I got some ideas and hope to mix some tests for the next two firings.

Well I better get on with it. I have a visitor coming today from Chapel Hill to buy some pots and I need to tidy things up a little.

Have a great weekend.