Monday, September 10, 2007

Beaks. Monday

Okay. So Happy Monday to you, although at this point it's almost over. Anyhow, things here are good. I am feeling the fall rush coming, but at this point I am still pretty calm and ready. I am going to try and post a schedule of all my fall shows coming up, so be on the lookout in the sidebar for that.
My Home Sale is Sept 22 and 23. I spent this morning putting address labels and postage on 500 postcards. I got them all in the mail today so hopefully if you're on my mailing list you'll get it in the next few days. I was a bit disappointed with my image on the postcard, something got botched with the color, but I can't be too choosey at this point.

I have a bisque going and will fire another later this week. Not too much happened today in the shop. I finished some animal jars and ovals and made these three beaked pitchers. I haven't made them in a while, I used to have a gallery owner in South Carolina who loved these and was always on me to make them. We'll see how they turn out, I think they pour sort of like they look....kinda funny. Here's a pic of the floor we stained using the iron sulfate. I put 3 coats of sealer on it. Now I have 2 doors to hang and windows and baseboard trim to nail up. That will get done later this week too!
Circle of Eight Sale this Saturday!!