Thursday, September 14, 2006

Busy Times

I am trying to get ready for two upcoming shows. One is this weekend in Charlotte with a group of 7 other potters. We call ourselves Circle of Eight and we are having our first group show on Saturday the 16th. If you want info. email me ronpots2 at yahoo dot com. I am really excited about this group. We formed sometime last year and have big plans for ourselves. We get together from time to time to have dinner and talk about pots, marketing, shows, exhibits, etc. It's a good support group, and we are able to help each other solve problems, critique our work and realize that we are not alone in all of this as individual artists. We just found out that we got accepted to show at the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts (NCECA) Conference which will be held in Louisville, KY in March 2007. The show will feature the 8 of us plus 8 predominate potters in the field who influenced each us. It's a very big deal. (More on that sometime later)

My Fall Sale is September 23 and 24 here in Shelby. I hope you will make it. I will have a very large selection of pots. I am firing next week and will post pictures from the firing on Thurs or Friday. This new clay body I am using is great. It gets some super nice orange peel texture and shows off the incising well. I have lots to do around here before then whipping the place into shape and getting all set up.

In addition to these things I have been working on a grant to buy a new wheel. It's due tomorrow and I think I have it all together. I am teaching in Charlotte at Clayworks once a week, and serving on the Board at the Cleveland Co. Arts Council and as a member of the Travel and Tourism group in Cleveland Co. I have never been this active in so many things at once. Not to mention the two committees I'm serving on at the Arts Council. It's a lot but it's doing me some good to get out of my studio and be around other humans.

Okay I gotta go box up pots and load a bisque. Have a great day.