Monday, March 20, 2006

Kiln loaded


My Spring Pottery Sale is this Sat. and Sun.

I loaded the kiln today. I'll light the burners tonight and fire off tomorrow. I am excited about many of the pots in this load, including the bigger jars. I also have some new clay tests and a few pots made by a group of kids who visited last week. I plan on using more soda in this firing than I have been, trying for a more glassy, wet look on the pots. I'll be putting up the pics of the finished firing on Thursday so check back then.

On a totally unrelated note, I went to the dentist this morning for my checkup and cleaning. I have great teeth! That's what the dentist said. I always liked going to my dentist as a kid, Dr. Burris, he was really nice and always got me to add numbers in my head while he checked my teeth. I had thoughts of becoming a dentist but, well, I am a potter. Good choice probably. Anyhow remember, you don't have to floss all your teeth...only the ones you want to keep. :-)

Happy First Day of Spring! It sure didn't feel like it today, cold and rainy