Monday, January 16, 2006

Pottery Week


There's a lot happening in the pottery this week. I am firing on Wednesday. So today I have the last of the pots drying by the woodstove. I need to mix up some test glazes, I am looking for a good yellow glaze to use inside pots. I need to clean all the shelves for the kiln and make wadding too. So fire on Wed. unload on Friday.

On Saturday I'll be giving a workshop at Clayworks in Charlotte. I am really looking forward to this. It will be fun to interact with others. Being a studio potter involves lots of time working alone and after a while this really takes a toll on me. I need some good energy time with others. Saturday night is the ClayMatters Pottery Guild annual party. That will be fun too, there is always lots of good food, company, and pottery talk.