Well today is a national holiday, but my boss said I had to get in the studio and at least make a few pots. It went rather well for the first half of the day but went downhill when I tried to make pitchers after lunch.
This is platter no. 4 on the left. I am throwing the feet on these. I did some slip squirting on the ones I made last week.
I am trying to square off some dishes on the wheel using the 'Briscoe Technique' of pushing the floor with a board while still on the wheel head. It seems to be working and makes for a loose pot. Also a few 4 lb. bowls.
I got these luncheon plates thrown before lunch and then made about 10 pitchers in the afternoon. I only kept those five on the right. (I've all the spouts pointing toward the wall).
Anyhow the boss let me kick off at 3pm. What a generous fellow.
It's getting hot and humid here in the South. Today was the first day I've really felt it out here in the shop.
Sarah and I are taking off for the coast on Thursday. I'll be working steady between now and then so check back often. Thanks!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Monday. Holiday?
Posted by
Ron
at
4:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|