I decided last night that I'm going to continue to pursue my earthenware pot making. I feel like I can get somewhere with it and I have really enjoyed the new experience. It's going to be a couple weeks before I can get back into making anything and I still have to figure out how to either fix that clay or maybe just mix another recipe. I think I can cut the clay I have with some commercial earthenware and run it through my pug mill. I'm gonna give that a shot and see what happens. I do have a kiln load of dishes and slab pots made that I will fire soon. I want to work on my decoration and composition. I am going to look at some historical pots on museum sites and try and order a few books. I found one last night called World Ceramics that a friend told me about. If you know of others let me know.
I didn't get those casseroles finished yesterday, but hopefully today I'll wrap those up as well as some tankards and other pots.
More later maybe.
The Angel of His Presence
19 hours ago
|