Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mornings

This is sort of a spontaneous post inspired by my end table. Here is a shot of it as it is at 7:55 am. I have been up for about an hour, hanging out journalling and having tea. You can see I am using my Warren Mackenzie yunomi for tea this morning. Beside that is a Linda Christianson bowl with my cereal waiting for me. (I make this great homemade cereal that has to soak for at least 15 minutes or longer, so I never get in a hurry to eat it). In the background is a Cynthia Bringle tumbler left from last night and way back there is a nice little soda glazed vase by Lisa Hammond who lives in London. My Hand+Book journal is there and my Faber Castell pen, S point. Danny Gregory recommends drawing your breakfast or lunch or whatever and I do this quite often in the mornings. I have lots of drawings of mugs of tea and bowls of cereal.

Anyhow it's wonderful to have all these great pots to use each day. I have a memory or story with each one , and each is a joy to use.

Here is the base recipe for my cereal: In a large zip top bag combine 3 cups rolled oats to 1 cup rolled wheat. Add 1/2 cup wheat bran. Add raisins, chopped dates, and sliced or slivered almonds to your liking. I usually triple this in the bag so it will last for a few weeks. I have a cup of this each morning. Cover with rice or soy milk (I like rice milk the best), and soak for 10-15 minutes but longer is okay. Add chopped pear or apple and enjoy!

So I'll probably do a little drawing while streaming WEXP out of Seattle, have my cereal and head out to the workshop. I guess I should go or the morning is going to get gone.

Have a great day!