Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday. Already.

This week is flying by. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone or something, the time is passing and I have no recall of what I've been doing. It must be this heat.

Yesterday I had an old friend from school come by, I've not seen him in over 15 years. He lives with his family in Orange Co. California. It was good to catch up.

Sarah and I attended the wedding of our good friend Sally Jacobs late yesterday afternoon. Sally is an awesome painter and just finished her MFA. She's lived in Italy, and Charleston, SC before ending up here. She now has the position of the head of the art dept. at Cleveland Community College here in Shelby. I am glad she'll be here a bit longer. Congrats to Sally and Scott!

We got to sit with Bob Trotman and his wife Jane last night at the reception. Bob is an awesome sculptor. It was good to get to know him a bit more.

I am out of clay, so I will be mixing some glaze today and firing a bisque. Here are the last pots I made to clear out the clay bin. I'll bisque again when I get home from Minnesota and have a salt firing soon thereafter.