Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Another year come to an end. I hope you all have a great 2007 and that it brings much love, peace, and happiness.

Today has been a good day, Sarah and I went out for breakfast, after sleeping in a bit. We just finished cleaning the house. That's a good way to start the new year, with a spic and span cleaning job. Karma has been hanging out with us too.

I plan on putting in a full week of work in the pottery starting tomorrow, working towards a firing in a couple weeks. I have enjoyed my time off and have been thinking about new pots or new takes on old forms. I reached up to the top shelf in the kitchen today and pulled down a lovely small jar made by the late Byron Temple. It's simplicity and fullness really speaks to me. I'd like to be able to make that pot.

I hope you'll keep checking in this year, and pass my Journal page on to others who you think may be interested. One of my goals for the future is to get more folks coming out to the pottery. I will still do a few shows to get out and be seen, but I'd love not to have to do that someday. Thanks to all of you who have been supportative over the years, it means so much for me to continue to be able to do what I love. Ron.