Thursday, November 30, 2006

Trip to the City

I had a good trip to Charlotte yesterday. I delivered and set up my pots at Clayworks for their annual Holiday Open House. It's tomorrow night 6pm until 9pm and Saturday 10 until 3 (I think). For info call 704 344 0795. Location is 301 East 9th Street. I'll be there tomorrow night.

I enjoy going into the city. There's so much happening and always something new to see. Julie and Amy and I went out for lunch after we set our work up. These girls always make me laugh. Charlotte has a pretty good clay community and lots of my friends are there. I don't think I'd like to live there. I couldn't take living in a neighborhood, or the traffic. But I would like to live about 30 miles closer, it would afford me the opportunity to go more and explore and enjoy the culture. As it is, I am 50 miles away in the country which is wonderful, no close neighbors, no traffic, no rush and hustle. It's good out here in the "sticks" as Julie would say.

This weekend my Holiday Open House continues and concides with the Winter Arts Tour. Hours are Saturday 10 am till 5 pm and Sunday Noon until 4pm. I have lots of pots in the showroom so please come out.

I am also having pots featured, along with 3 other potters, at the Foothills Conservancy of NC Gala this Saturday night. I was honored to be asked to have my work shown during this event.

That's if for this little update.