Saturday, February 18, 2006

Mark Bittman

How to Cook Everything is a 30 min show that comes on PBS here on Saturdays at 2:30. I am usually out doing something during the day on Saturday so I don't get to see it often. Today I made it in and caught it. In the show Mark Bittman visits a chef and sort of takes him/her on in their resturant or kitchen. It's very laid back and fun. Bittman is my kind of cook. He uses simple ingredients and cooking methods. The chef he is paired up with is usually way more complicated. So the premise of the show is that the chef will cook a dish and then Bittman will do his version, which is always quicker and easier, most of the time using very similar ingredients. Each does two dishes per episode. Anyhow I finally visited the website today www.howtocookeverything.com and can't wait to try out some of the dishes.