Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel

I can see the light at the end of the pottery tunnel...or is that just the view through the peep hole in the kiln. (hum, I don't know if that's a good play on that or not) anyway I am at the end of the making pots part for the ACC show. Today I made some yunomi and assembled bottles. Unloaded the kiln too. Good firing. I'll try to get pics up soon. My friend Dale Duncan from York, SC stopped by while I unloaded. We had a good visit. Dale is an excellent potter. Then the guy from the propane company came to refill my tank, I haven't even looked at the bill. No reason to ruin a perfectly good day.

I've gotten a few emails commenting on this journal site. Keep 'em coming, I like hearing what's going on with you guys. I have realized it is a bit of a pain to comment directly to these posts via the comment link. So just email me ronpots2@yahoo.com

Here is the quote from dailyzen.com yesterday. Very appropitate to my living Intentionally bit.

Truth is perfect and complete in itself. It is not something newly discovered; It has always existed. Truth is not far away. It is nearer than near. There is no need to attain it, Since not one of your steps leads away from it.
- Dogen

My desire is to live from my Truth.